Web is getting faster and technology is improving day by day. And in order to keep up with the fast times and stay ahead of its competitors, Google Analytics team has unveiled a new addition to their already popular site tracking tool, Google Analytics Real-time.
Google Analytics real-time allows you to track all your visitors live. You can track which page a user is browsing at the moment, where he leads from there, etc. Google Analytics Real-time is not a new tool altogether, but is a set of new reports available in your dashboard.
Here’s how you can enable Google Analytics Real-time In 3 Easy Steps.
Enable Google Analytics Real-time
1. Make sure you are using the new version of Google Analytics because the real-time report is available on the new version.
2. If you are using the old Google Analytics, click on the New Version link in the top navigation bar.
3. Make sure you are an administrator of the account or profile you are trying to check or there are no profile filters. Either you need to be an administrator to see a real-time report or you have to make sure that the profile you are trying to check doesn’t have any profile filters.
4. Once that’s done, click on Dashboards.
5. You will see the link to Real-time reports on the left navigation block. You will see the links only if the feature has been enabled in your account by Google. Google s still in the process of making Google Analytics Real-time accessible to all and within 2 weeks, you will get it.
6. If you can’t wait for two weeks, you can visit this link and enter your contact & login details and the new Google Analytics Real-time feature will be delivered to you soon. Here’s an example of a filled Google Analytics filled Real-time request form.
7. Google Analytics Real-time pic:
How Is Google Analytics Real-time Helpful?
1. Helps you track your visitors activity live.
2. You can see immediate effect of your ad campaign.
3. You can use the real-time feature to track the number of visitors you get after tweeting.
4. You can use it to schedule your website posts so that most visitors can read it.
5. Saves additional costs.
Have a nice time using Google Analytics Real-time!