Are you interested in joining Twitter? Over time Twitter has grown as one of the best spots for social networking. Twitter helps in social networking, interacting with like minded folks, finding lost friends, make new friends, popularize your blog, interact with your blog readers and innumerable other things! Twitter has just become the social haven especially for bloggers and technology enthusiasts! Everyone from bloggers to celebrities to journalists to top businessmen and businesswomen is on Twitter. Ask your friends and you will find that many of them use Twitter as well!
Why Use Twitter?
1. Helps in interacting with like-minded folks.
2. Helps network with other professionals.
3. Helps in finding new friends and your old friends.
4. Keeps you updated with the latest trends and latest news.
5. Stay updated with whats happening in your favorite celebrities life or may be your favorite cricketers life.
6. Helps in promoting businesses and websites.
7. And countless benefits!
So have you decided to create a Twitter account? If yes, here’s how you can create a Twitter account.
Create Twitter Account
1. Visit Twitter.com
2. On the homepage you will notice a sign up form titled “New to Twitter? Join today!”
3. Fill in the required details – Full Name, Email address & your desired password.
4. After clicking on the Sign Up button, you will be redirected to the Sign up page where you will have to verify your details and choose a Twitter username.
5. After you have filled all the fields, click on Create my account button.
6. You will then be prompted to follow at least 10 Twitter users. You will be showered with recommended Twitter users. It’s not at all necessary to follow others, but to make the most out of Twitter it is recommended to follow at least 10 people. If you don’t like the suggestions, you can follow anyone else of your choice. After you have followed some people, you can click on Next Step.
7. In the next step you will be allowed to find people having interests similar to yours. Choose your interest and friends suggestions will be displayed automatically. Follow whom you want to and click on Next button.
8. In this step you can find and follow your Gmail, Yahoo, Linkedin, AOL, Hotmail & Messenger friends. Click on Search contacts button and find your friends.
9. After you have completed the above steps, check your email (the one you used for signing up for a Twitter account). Twitter has sent you a verification email.
Click on the verification link and ta-da, your Twitter account is active! After you have created a Twitter account and set it up, here’s a tutorial on how to tweet.
Related Blog Posts
Share The Blog Post
Last Updated: May 23, 2013