Couple of weeks back Twitter launched a new feature which allows you to upload photos directly to Twitter without having to use a third-party image hosting site or manually upload images on an external site & then share it on Twitter.
Twitter has tied up with Photobucket to enhance the photo sharing experience on Twitter. Previously it was difficult & time-consuming to share an image on Twitter. The process was long. You had to create an account at Twitter image sharing services, upload the images & then post it. You had to go through the same procedure if you wanted to share an image on your Twitter profile. The new Twitter image uploading & sharing service cuts a lot of steps & you just have to log in to your Twitter account & you can start uploading & sharing your images. Here’s how you can upload & share photos on Twitter.
Upload & Share Photos On Twitter
1. Log in to your Twitter account. After you have logged in open the Twitter home page.
2. After that click on the input box & you will see some icons & buttons – Add an image, Add your location & Tweet. Click on the camera icon & select the image you want to upload & share on your Twitter profile.
3. As soon as you select the image, you will see a thumbnail below the status update box. Also the characters left will turn to 119 from 140. The 21 characters which are deducted automatically are reserved for the image URL.
4. Now you can type what you want to tweet. Remember, you only have 119 characters with you!
5. Once you have clicked the Tweet button, here’s what you can see. Notice the small image icon on the right? The icon shows that the post has an image.
6. When you click on the image link, the entire message will open on another page where you can see your tweet as well as the image. Here’s what I am trying to tell.
Twitter Image Uploading FAQ
Wasn’t it simple to upload & share an image on Twitter? Here are a few questions you may have in your mind about uploading an image on Twitter.
- What’s The Image Size Limit?
Images need to be under 3MB.
- Which Image Formats Are Supported?
.gif, .jpeg, and .png are supported now.
- Where Can I View The Images & Where Are They Stored?
Images are stored at Photobucket though you don’t need to have an account there. You can view the images you have uploaded in your sidebar. In future you can expect a gallery.
- Can I Delete A Photo?
Yes you can! Simply delete the status & the photo will be deleted as well.
Related Blog Posts
Share The Blog Post
Last Updated: May 25, 2013